ONErpm is proud to announce SIXTEEN artists nominated
for the 18th annual Latin Grammys.
November 14, 2017
ONErpm, a leading provider of music distribution, marketing, rights management, and label services, presents 16 artists nominated for a total of 18 categories in this year’s Latin Grammy Awards, including ‘Despacito’ co-writer Erika Ender, who was nominated for BEST SINGER-SONGWRITER ALBUM with “Tatuajes”. The awards take place this week in Las Vegas on November 16, and considerations were chosen from songs and albums within 48 categories, released from July 1, 2016 to May 31, 2017.
The ONErpm nominees and their categories include:
- Rawayana (VENEZUELA) – BEST NEW ARTIST
- Rael (BRAZIL) (Laboratório Fantasma) – “Coisas do Meu Imaginário” – BEST URBAN MUSIC ALBUM
- Ghetto Kids (MÉXICO) “Coqueta” – BEST URBAN SONG
- Café Tacvba (MÉXICO) “Que No” – BEST ROCK SONG
- Cafe Tacvba (MÉXICO) “Jei Beibi” – BEST ALTERNATIVE MUSIC ALBUM
- Salsangroove (COLÔMBIA) “Salsangroove” – BEST TROPICAL FUSION ALBUM
- Erika Ender (PANAMÁ) (MP Entretenimento) “Tatuajes” – BEST SINGER-SONGWRITER ALBUM
- Paulo César Baruk (BRAZIL) (Musile Records) “Piano E Voz, Amigos E Pertences 2” -BEST PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE CHRISTIAN ALBUM
- Mano Brown (BRAZIL) (Boogie Naipe) “Boogie Naipe”- BEST PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE CONTEMPORARY POP ALBUM
- Metá Metá (BRAZIL) (Laboratório Fantasma) “MM3” – BEST PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE ROCK OR ALTERNATIVE ALBUM
- Nando Reis (BRAZIL) (Infernal Produções) – “Jardim – Pomar” BEST PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE ROCK OR ALTERNATIVE ALBUM
- Nando Reis (BRAZIL) (Infernal Produções) “Só Posso Dizer” – BEST PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE SONG
- Luciana Mello (BRAZIL) (Radar Records) – “Na Luz do Samba” BEST SAMBA/PAGODE ALBUM
- Jorge Aragão (BRAZIL) (Musickeria) “Samba Book: Jorge Aragão”-BEST SAMBA/PAGODE ALBUM
- Serena Assumpção (BRAZIL) (Selo Sesc) “Ascensão”- BEST BRAZILIAN ROOTS ALBUM
- Três no Samba (BRAZIL) (Selo Sesc) – BEST RECORDING PACKAGE
- Francisco el Hombre (BRAZIL) “Triste, Louca Ou Má” – BEST PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE SONG
- El Mató Un Policía Motorizado (ARGENTINA) – PRODUCER OF THE YEAR (Eduardo Bergallo)
“We are thrilled to have so many artists nominated this year” says ONErpm CEO Emmanuel Zunz. “They embody and represent the incredible richness and diversity of Latin music in the Americas, and inspire us to continue to build new tools and solutions for distributing and marketing music in the digital age.”
Founded in 2010, ONErpm works with over 80,000 artists, labels, and video producers worldwide, ranging from rising artists to established talent across all genres. ONErpm is dedicated to creating new tools and solutions to enable content creators to better navigate the constantly evolving digital landscape.
With offices in nine cities across the Americas in five countries, ONErpm has developed a strong footprint in the region and Latin music market, while working with a diverse roster of emerging and established talent. This is reflected in its nominees, with artists like Cafe Tacvba (MX), Mano Brown (BR) and Nando Reis, all whom have decades long careers versus new acts like Rawayana (VZ), Ghetto Kids (Mexico), or hit songwriters like Erika Ender (Despacito) hailing from Panama.